Flu Vaccinations 2020/21
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic this year there will NOT be the usual walk-in Flu Clinics but instead all flu vaccinations will be by appointment only.
All eligible patients will receive an invite by letter or text. When you receive your invite, book an on-line appointment in one of our flu immunisation clinics.
If you do not have access to online appointments please ring the practice to book an appointment. We will be releasing more bookable clinics as the demand for appointments increases.
Who should get the flu vaccine?
The following patients are eligible for a flu immunisation:
- All patients aged 65 and over
- All children aged two and three but not aged 4 on 31st August 2020
- All pregnant women
- People living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- Frontline Health and social care workers
- HOUSEBOUND PATIENTS: You will be contacted via the flu team in due course to arrange this for you.
Patients aged 6 months – 64 years of age in one of the following at risk categories:
Chronic respiratory condition including severe asthma, COPD and Bronchiectasis
Chronic heart disease
Chronic kidney disease
Chronic liver disease
Chronic neurological disease
Splenic dysfunction or asplenia
Weakened immune system
Morbidly obese – BMI of 40 and above
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Upcoming Flu Clinc Dates
Adult Flu Clinic 2020 Dates
Open now to book online via your app or via telephone call to reception
- Wednesday 28th October - 2.00 - 5.00pm - BY APPOINTMENT - ADULTS ONLY
- Friday 30th October - 2.00 - 5.00pm - BY APPOINTMENT - ADULTS ONLY
More dates to be released – keep checking website for details
Child Flu Vaccinations (Nasal Spray)
These are by appointment only with the Nurse – please contact reception to book.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment time. Do not bring anyone with you unless they are your carer/helper or they have an appointment for a flu immunisation.
- We will be following the most up to date guidance on maintaining social distancing and decontamination of premises and equipment in line with Public Health England guidance on Infection Prevention and Control. All our staff will be wearing the appropriate levels of PPE.
- You will need to sanitise your hands on arrival and wear a face covering which covers your mouth and nose – please bring this with you.
- You will need to queue outside the building with strict social distancing using a one-way route through the building. There will be markings on the pavement outside the practice indicating where to queue.
- The clinics will be fast moving. Please have your arm ready so there is no need to undress, close doors or sit down.
- We will also advise you at the same time if you are eligible to be vaccinated against shingles and/or pneumonia and we can offer to do this at the same time.