Flu & Pneumococcal Immunisation
|FLU CLINICS 2019 Please contact reception for more details!!|
|Walkin One||Weds 25th Sep.||14:00-17:00|
|Walkin Two||Weds 9th Oct.||14:00-17:00|
|Bookable Adults 1||Tue 8th Oct.||17:00- 18:30|
|Bookable Children 1||Thu 17th Oct.||15:00 – 17:00|
|Bookable Children 2||Mon 21st Oct.||14:00- 15:30|
|Bookable Children 3||Weds 23rd Oct,||15:00-17:00|
|Bookable Adults 2||Tue 22nd Oct.||17:00 -18:30|
|Walkin Three||Fri 1st Nov.||14:00-16:00|
|Bookable Adults 3||Tue 8th Nov.||17:00 -18:30|
|Walkin Four||Fri. 15th Nov.||14:00-16:00|
Does Age Affect The Risk Of Flu?
Yes. If you are aged 65 years or over or you are at higher risk.
Who Is At Risk?
- If you are aged 65 years or over or if you are on regular inhaled steroids
- If you have a chronic respiratory disease (including asthma)
- If you have chronic heart disease
- If you have chronic renal disease
- If you are diabetic
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you live in a long-stay residential or nursing home
- If you have a chronic liver disease
- If you are a carer
- If you are pregnant
How do I get a flu vaccination?
The flu vaccination season is usually between September and March each year. The earlier you have your vaccination the better your protection for the winter will be!
There are a number of ways to have a flu jab:
- We run a number of walk-in flu vaccination clinics throughout the autumn, or you can be seen in an appointment by the nurse or HCA.
- Many community pharmacists now offer the flu jab to at risk patients for free and you can visit them directly.
- Housebound patients will be visited by the "home flu vaccination team"; please ensure reception are aware you would like to be on this list.
- If you do NOT wish to have a flu jab please let us know so we can mark it in your records for the year.
Do I Need To Be Protected Against Pneumococcal Infection?
Everybody aged 65 and over should now be immunised to help protect them against pneumococcal infection which can cause diseases such as pneumonia, septicaemia (blood poisoning) and meningitis. Please phone the surgery to make an appointment if the above applies to you.