Well Woman Clinic
Changes to well woman clinic due to coronavirus
Please note our well women clinic is no longer a walk-in service due to coronavirus. Changes were made to reduce the spread of the virus and ensure we could observe social distancing in the waiting room with fewer people in the surgery at any time.
- You are encouraged to have regular cervical screening tests between the ages of 25 and 64 years. The NHS cervical screening programme aims to prevent cancer by detecting abnormal cells early.
- If you have received a letter regarding your smear test or you are due your smear test, please contact the surgery to speak to a nurse. The reception team will put you onto our call back list to discuss this further.
- We now have limited bookable slots on Tuesday afternoons between 4-6pm. Please call the surgery before Tuesday or between 4-5pm on the day to book into one of these slots.
- Our nurses will screen you and offer an appointment if necessary. If you cannot attend any of the available appointments on a Tuesday then the nurse will offer you an appointment outside of the well woman clinic.
- Due to the ongoing impact of coronavirus the GP surgery is operating a reduced service & therefore we are not currently fittng any new coils.
- However, you can book an appointment to have your coil checked with a nurse or discuss any coil issues via a telephone consultation/call back.
- Central & North West London are currently offering coils for emergency contraception only as well as sexual health screening. Please visit their website for further information or contact 02033175252
If you would like a repeat prescription of your method of contraception or would like to start a contraceptive method please fill in an online ‘E-consultation’ form and this will help the clinician to deal with your request quickly and efficiently. Please see the following links:
If you are due your depot injection, please contact the surgery to book an appointment with a nurse.
Emergency contraception (morning after pill)
This is available at the practice anytime during our opening hours through the duty doctor or our practice nurses. Some community pharmacies also offer this service directly.
Sexual health screening (STI check)
- If you think you may have an STI or would like to be screened please visit Sexual Health London (SHL)
- SHL will send you a free home STI testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea for example.
- If you have immediate concerns please contact the surgery for medical advice.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- For women who would like to discuss starting HRT please complete this form which will be forwarded to you usual GP or practice pharmacist for review.
- For women who are already on HRT and would like a repeat prescription or you are due your annual review then please click here
For any other women’s health problem, please fill in a general online E-consultation so we can direct your request to the appropriate clinician.
Published: Jul 25, 2020