How to Join River Place Group Practice
Do you live within our boundary area?
Every GP practice has a specific registration area and our area map is displayed below. We will happily register any patient who lives in this area, please note you may be asked for proof of address.
If you move, but remain in our practice area we can continue to be your GP, please let reception know of your new contact details.
All are welcome!
Your nationality or immigration status do not affect your right to register here
We are a Safe Surgery for everyone in our practice area.
- Everyone living in England has the right to free care from a GP.
- Ask reception for an interpreter if you find it difficult to communicate in English.
- Our Care Navigators won’t ask you about your immigration status.
- If you are worried about giving us your address, please let us know. Your information is safe with us
Don’t have documents? Don’t worry...
- We are a Safe Surgery for everyone in our practice area.We might ask for ID or proof of address.
- But if you don’t have any and you live in our practice area, you can still register with us.
- We won’t ask for immigration documents.
Your Named GP
River Place Group Practice provide all patients with a named "usual GP" who will have overall responsibility for the care and support that our surgery provides to them. We encourage patients to try and see their usual GP where possible, particularly for ongoing problems.
We need to divide our patients evenly between all of our doctors, so they can manage their workload. Therefore the "registering GP" rotates from week to week based on each GP's list size. We try to keep families under the same usual GP where possible, so new babies will be registered with their mother's usual GP.
Your usual GP will look after your repeat prescriptions, medication reviews and will be forwarded any correspondence received from other services (including hospital clinic letters).
If you wish to be told the name of your usual GP, please ask the Care Navigator Team when you are next in the surgery.
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss this further with us, please contact the practice manager Mr David Currie
Please click here to get directions.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.